April 13, 2022
Ready to try OneSkin but don’t want to change your existing skin routine? No problem. Our OS-01 Topical Supplements were designed to integrate seamlessly with your existing skin care steps. Here’s how to work them into your regimen for maximum results.
01How does OS-01 FACE fit into my skin care routine?
You can safely use OS-01 FACE in combination with your existing skin products without worrying about adverse reactions or decreased efficacy. Formulated as a potent moisturizer and targeted skin longevity treatment in one, OS-01 FACE can replace your current moisturizer or be used alongside it. To get maximum benefits from OS-01 FACE, apply it as the first step after cleansing and/or toning to ensure optimal absorption of our OS-01 peptide.
02How often should I use OS-01 FACE?
Because our OS-01 peptide works deep within the skin over time to promote long-term skin health, consistency is key. For best results, use OS-01 FACE twice daily, AM and PM. OS-01 FACE has been tested on sensitive skin; unlike retinol and many other highly potent skin care ingredients, it won't cause irritation even when used both morning and night.
03What order should I apply OS-01 FACE with my other skin care products?
To ensure maximum absorption of our OS-01 peptide, OS-01 FACE should be applied directly after cleansing and toning. If you are exfoliating or using a wash-off mask, use OS-01 FACE after these steps.
In drier climates or seasons, you may choose to layer a richer moisturizer or facial oil on top of OS-01 FACE. Wait a few minutes after applying OS-01 FACE before applying additional products to give the OS-01 peptide time to penetrate into the skin’s deeper layers.
Although we recommend applying OS-01 FACE prior to most other products, you know your skin best. Feel free to experiment and discover where OS-01 FACE works in your routine.
04Why should I apply OS-01 FACE as the first step after cleansing?
Cleansing before applying OS-01 FACE helps our proprietary peptide achieve maximum penetration without dirt, debris, makeup or sunscreen in the way. If you prefer, you can still apply a product like a toner or a serum prior to using OS-01 FACE. Just keep in mind that you may not experience the complete benefits that our peptide can deliver. If your toner or serum has a thick viscosity or waxy and oily ingredients, it might form a barrier that could prevent OS-01 from fully sinking into the skin.
Pro tip: For even better results, consider using PREP, our gentle daily facial cleanser that has been scientifically proven to double the penetration of the OS-01 peptide when used before applying OS-01 FACE.
05 Can I use OS-01 FACE with retinol?
- Increase production of hyaluronic acid, collagen, and elastin
- Improve skin hydration and barrier function
- Increase epidermal thickness
- Repair cellular damage and soothe irritated skin
You can incorporate OS-01 FACE with retinol in one of two ways:
- Alternate OS-01 FACE and retinol: Alternating allows your skin to reap the benefits of both products without either of them interfering with the absorption of the other. Since retinol should only be applied at night, you can alternate the two by using OS-01 FACE in the mornings.
- Combine OS-01 FACE and retinol: When combining retinol with OS-01 FACE in the same skin care routine, it’s up to you to decide which product to apply first. Just keep in mind that the OS-01 peptide will achieve maximum penetration if it’s applied as the first step after cleansing.
No matter which method you use, the OS-01 peptide will still help to counteract retinol’s harsh side effects. If your skin is sensitive to retinol, skip it and just use OS-01 FACE instead. It delivers many of the same benefits without any of the drawbacks.
06 Can OS-01 FACE be used with other ingredients like vitamin C and hyaluronic acid?
Yes, OS-01 FACE is safe to use with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid. It has not been shown to cause adverse side effects when used with any other topical ingredients. This means you can safely incorporate OS-01 FACE into your routine without worrying about contraindications.
07Can OS-01 FACE be used after skin treatment
Skin treatments like microneedling and chemical peels can temporarily weaken the skin barrier and leave skin especially tender. While you should always follow your dermatologist or esthetician’s recommendations for after-care, OS-01 FACE was designed to soothe even the most sensitive skin and may actually help your skin recover faster from these treatments. That’s because our OS-01 peptide has been scientifically proven to improve key skin health markers like epidermal thickness, barrier function, and collagen production.  The other ingredients inside OS-01 FACE also promote skin health, supporting your skin as it recovers from injury.
08How does OS-01 BODY fit into my skin care routine?
Like OS-01 FACE, OS-01 BODY is a targeted longevity treatment formulated as a daily moisturizer for your body. With OS-01 BODY, you can either:
- Replace your existing body lotion with OS-01 BODY.
- Apply OS-01 BODY specifically to areas where you would like to see its benefits.
- Use OS-01 BODY before your existing body lotion or products.
For best results, use OS-01 BODY one to two times daily. As with OS-01 FACE, applying OS-01 BODY to clean skin, directly after bathing, maximizes absorption of the OS-01 peptide. If you choose to use additional products after OS-01 BODY, wait a couple of minutes to give the OS-01 peptide some time to fully absorb into the skin.
- You can seamlessly incorporate OS-01 FACE into your current skincare routine.
- OS-01 FACE works best when applied as the first product after cleansing your skin.
- Wait a few minutes to layer any other products over OS-01 FACE for optimal absorption.
- The OS-01 peptide counteracts retinol’s harsh side effects and is an excellent alternative to retinol for those with retinol-sensitive skin.
- Because OS-01 FACE is gentle on sensitive skin, it’s ideal for use after aesthetic skin treatments like chemical peels.
- Like OS-01 FACE, OS-01 BODY can be used as a standalone product or incorporated into your existing routine.